Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A bit of good news.......

Yesterday afternoon, one of the oncology liaison nurses came looking for me.... She asked if she could "have a word" which immediately made my heart sink. Whenever we've received bad news, this particular nurse has been there and I just seem to have associated her with negativity..... Anyway, I followed her out of Meg's room and she proceeded to tell me that Meg had been nominated by the staff here at PMH, to receive a Lions Institute Children of Courage Award! I can't tell you the relief that I wasn't hearing more bad news. Once I gathered myself together the nurse explained that a small number of kids from PMH are nominated and join other children from various places for a ceremony on 19th April, where she'll receive her award. We're SO proud of her!!!! It took a while for Meg to understand what I was telling her because she was so "spaced out" on sedative but she gets it now and is pretty chuffed with herself, and quite rightly so. Meggie has just woken up so I have to show her all of her new posts - thank you everybody! She's going to love them!!

4 comments:

Lisa Chalmers said...

What a wonderful thing to happen. Congratulations Meg.... best start planning your outfit now !

The Millers said...

We always knew you were a champ, Megs - now it's officially recognised. Way to go girlie!!

thebeegeez said...

Way to go Meggie !!!! Woo Hoo, Texas sized hugs from us all...

STEWART said...

Hi Meggie,

We are SO PROUD of you girl!! Love and hugs from all of us here in S.A.